boston(617) 795-3611
new bedford(508) 316-9720
hingham(781) 908-0551

Post-Judgment Motions to Assign Previously Unassigned Property in MA Divorce


Complaints to Assign Property Omitted in Divorce

If property is not disclosed or otherwise adjudicated in a divorce proceeding and the aggrieved party later finds out about this property, he or she may file a complaint in the Probate and Family Court to assign that property pursuant to M.G.L.A. c. 208, § 34. Likewise, when a party fraudulently transfers property in the anticipation of divorce, such property may be the subject of a post-judgment complaint to assign that property. Of course, there are numerous other sanctions and penalties that will accompany such a complaint if a person intentionally and fraudulently tries to convey property to hurt their spouse in an upcoming divorce.

If you have an issue relating to an omitted asset and divorce, call or email our expert lawyers today. We offer a free, private consultation and can discuss your options.

Our firm serves Boston as well as all courts in Bristol County, including the New Bedford, Fall River and Taunton courthouses.  We also serve all courts in Plymouth County including the Family and Probate Courthouses in Plymouth and Brockton.

Client Review

"My experience with W&F has been very positive. David has proven himself to be a skilled negotiator & litigator."
Ryan G.